Points From The Brochure, You Shouldn’t Ignore
1. If the candidate is to be selected through test/ interview for post – graduate programs, a minimum of 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE and the remaining 30% weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in test/ interview and /or academic record , as per MHRD guidelines . The admitting institutes could however prescribe a minimum passing percentage of marks in the test/interview. Some colleges/institutes specify GATE qualification as the mandatory requirement even for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
2. Several public sector undertaking have, in the past, used GATE scores for screening for providing a salaried employment. A select few such organizations are: Indian Oil Corporation Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid India, etc.
3. GATE 201 5 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 31st January 2015 and 14th February 2015 . Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2015 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
4. Admit cards will NOT be sent by e – mail /post , they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17 th December 2014 . The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. It may be noted that one of the following photo identifications is ONLY permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. The details of this ID proof have to be given while filling the online application.
5. The question paper for GATE 2015 will consist of questions of both multiple – choice type and numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, candidates have to choose the answer from the given choices. For numerical answer type questions, choices will not be given . Candidates have to enter a n umber as the answer using a virtual keypad.
6. A candidate is allowed to appear in ONLY ONE paper out of the 22 subjects.
For more details, please Refer the Brochure: Click Here
Apply for GATE 2015:CLICK HERE TO APPLY