Khorana Program 2018
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2017
(Discussions about Khorana Program: HERE )
About the Program
The University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW), the Government of India (DBT), and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) jointly created the prestigious Khorana Program for scholars. This partnership is a first of its kind, and reflects a strong commitment to fostering creativity, excellence and seamless exchange of ideas. Over the past four years, nearly 50 students, representing the top 0.008% of the Indian student pool, have conducted research in leading UW laboratories. Many scholars were recruited back to top US universities for graduate research. In parallel, nearly 15 US students were placed in leading academic and industrial laboratories in India.
The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2018 for a period of 10 weeks. A list of UW partner universities is available http://www.winstepforward.org
The Khorana Scholars program will pay the expenses for up to 80 Indian students to travel to UW-Madison and partner U.S. universities to engage in a hands-on research project. Indian students will be matched with a faculty member at a partner university in the U.S. based on what type of project they would like to work on. This is an excellent opportunity to apply lab skills in an independent environment. At the end of the program, students will present their projects at a symposium.
1. Pre-final year candidates enrolled in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply.
Final Year students and Ph.D. students are NOT eligible to apply
2. The applicant should have: • Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher OR • Percentage: 80% and higher.
3. Only those candidates (preferably pre-final year) who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2018 are eligible to apply.
4. Candidates are encouraged to fill out the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & 2 Letters of Recommendation. Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list mentioned in the application form. Please DO NOT attach Class X/Class XII marksheets.
5. Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
6. Hard copies of the application form/supporting documents are not required.
7. If you do not have a passport and have applied for it, choose “Applied for” in the passport details section of the Application form.
8. Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
Application FORM FOR KHORANA PROGRAM 2018
CLICK BELOW TO APPLY FOR KHORANA PROGRAM:
Apply for KHORANA PROGRAM
Program Dates: May to End July 2018
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2017
OTHER USEFUL LINKS ABOUT KHORANA PROGRAM
Opportunities are available to pursue research in the sciences, medicine, agriculture, and engineering. For information on Khorana Scholars from prior years, please click here.
To read about the origin of Khorana Program click the link: (Genesis of Khorana Program)
This slideshow will help you learn more about the Khorana Program.
Details taken from http://www.khorana.org and https://biochem.wisc.edu/khorana_program, the websites of the hosts. So the entire information is reliable.